Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What I'm Reading



I tried with all of my might, but I just couldn't get into The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht.  It has been listed as one of the top 10 books of the year (well, last year - 2011 - that is) by The New York Times Book Review and Obreht has been praised as "the most thrilling literary discovery in years."  Yup, well, I tried and gave it almost 200 pages, and finally, last night, decided I was done.  I think I need something fun and easy.


Fun and easy, huh?  Well, this certainly isn't it, but it's what I'm starting today:


People of the Lie by Scott Peck was suggested by my therapist, so I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes.  I'm dealing with some personal issues (hence, the therapist) and so maybe 2012 will be a year of personal growth and healing for me.  That sounds incredibly cheesy, but hey, it's the truth.

My next post will not be so heavy, I promise.



No comments: