Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sale Time!

So yesterday's Splurge was really quite expensive, so I thought today I'd look for some sale items to post.

These Sorbet Votives from Wisteria are 4 for $12 - that's just $3 each! (Yes, I am married to a math teacher, so I have to whip out my crazy math skills whenever I can...just kidding!)

I love the fresh, vibrant colors, and not only are they votives, but they can also be used as vases (see photo) or drinking glasses. Know someone who loves to set a nice table? This could be a perfect (and inexpensive) gift! The set of 4 would also be a lovely hostess gift for a dinner party or weekend stay.


Also from Wisteria, this Provencal Country Mirror is only $89!

Now, you know me - my taste is modern, but that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate traditional pieces. I love painted furniture, and this mirror is no exception. The soft blue leaves and the antiqued finish make for a very charming and romantic piece. The downside to this mirror is that while it is only $89, the shipping is $50.


Now, back to my modern taste. The Parachute Dining Table from CB2 is on sale for $199.

This table will seat 2 or 4 easily, but more than that and you'd better look for a different dining table. I love the high-gloss white top and the criss-crossing lines of the metal base - both nice modern touches.

This one isn't on sale, but at only $18 it is inexpensive enough to be included here. The Parasol Flower Lampshade from Urban Outfitters caught my eye right away when I was searching for some good deals.

The turquoise is clean and crisp, and the allover parasol pattern is very graphic and somewhat Asian inspired (think Japanese woodblock print). I wish I had a lamp that needed a lampshade...

No comments: