Sunday, November 18, 2007

Splurge of the Week (Nov. 19 - 25)

I am bad. So bad, I know. I have not been posting much recently, and I have no excuse. I don't want to post something just for the sake of posting. I want to make certain that what I share with you is really something wonderful and special. So, you may not see new posts every day, but then again, you may. It simply depends on what I come across and when.

So there.

Now on to this week's Splurge:



Heath Ceramics is a small, Sausalito (CA) based company that has been creating ceramic tiles and tableware for over 50 years. The 20 or so artists use techniques and mid-century modern designs that were developed by Edith Heath years ago. The above photo shows an installation of Heath tiles. Here are some more beautiful photos of their works:





(If you've ever been to Matsuri in the Meatpacking District, you may have seen the above oval tiles in a dark brown/maroon? upstairs by the bathrooms)



The tiles come in a range of rich, beautiful colors, and the possibilities with all of the tile shapes and sizes are endless. (Oh, also, Ann Sacks carries some of the Heath Tiles.)

No comments: