Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Kitchen Appliances - Refrigerator and Range

We only have 4 or 5 weeks until our kitchen renovation begins, so yesterday I went and bought a refrigerator and range. My hubby stayed home with our daughter, and I went down to Gringer & Sons on 1st Avenue and 1st street. Javier was very nice and helpful - it was a great experience overall.

Refrigerator:

It was no contest. The Liebherr 24" refrigerator and freezer won hands down. Not only does it have all of the bells and whistles one could want from a 24" compact refrigerator, but it even looks cool when it is closed



and when it is open.




Range:

Javier asked me if I wanted a slide-in or a freestanding range and I assumed a slide-in because I want it to slide in between the wall and the sink. But slide-ins cost more than freestanding ranges and the main difference is that the slide-ins have a little lip (that was pretty ugly, if you ask me) that goes over the countertop around it. So, after all of that, I decided on the Bosch freestanding range:



It was one of the least expensive options, and it also wasn't as massive-looking as some of the other (especially GE) ranges. To me, it was the most aesthetically-pleasing range available.

No comments: