Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gratitude: part 2


Over the last week I kept thinking of things that I am grateful for, so continuing on this post, here it goes:

1) Cousins.  Over the Thanksgiving holiday break, we went to visit my hubby's family in North Carolina, and the seven cousins on that side of our family were able to spend lots of time together.  The giggling, playing, tickling, hugging, loving, merrymaking was just awesome to hear and see.  My girls had such a blast with their big and little cousins, and I am so grateful that they were able to spend time together and have so much fun.

2)"That's a mitzvah, remember to enjoy it." These lovely words were emailed to me on Monday from one of the women in my book club.  It made me smile, laugh, and remember not to get so worried about the upcoming holiday fair that I am organizing for my daughters' school.  I have been a ball of nerves all week and my mind is absolutely racing with everything I need to get done, so to have her take a moment to respond to my group email about why I can't be at our meeting this week really made me appreciative.  I love my girls' school and I am happy to do whatever I can to help, and I just hope the school and the vendors make some money!

3) Health.  A very close family friend had triple bypass surgery on Wednesday of last week, and he is now home recovering.  Thank goodness for awesome doctors, an awesome hospital, and good friends and family, of course.  GP, we have been thinking about you and are wishing you a very speedy recovery!

4) Tomie dePaola. Yes, I just wrote a post about him and his incredible children's books, but really, his books make me happy.  My girls love them, my husband loves them, and I love them.  The stories are great and the illustrations are fun, and I am grateful that this artist has chosen the path that he has.  Our story times are richer for his creative mind.

5) My therapist.  Yup, I am grateful for her.  I have been in therapy on and off for half of my life (I'm only 33 so it's not that long...oh, who am I kidding, yes it is!), and I am extremely happy to have someone to talk to about my funny little intricacies and help me to understand them.  My girls know that on Monday afternoons I go to see Dr. S and hopefully they will see no stigma in anyone seeking help when they need it.

No comments: