Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Kids Book of the Week: Strega Nona


I saw Strega Nona sitting on P's bedside table last night, and it was like finding a little present sitting there waiting for me.


It is the fantastic story of Strega Nona, or Grandma Witch, and all of her magic, but most importantly her magic pasta pot.  Tomie dePaola is the author/illustrator, and my girls and I just love his drawings.  We like to read all of Strega Nona's lines with an italian accent, and I highly recommend you do the same.  Smiles will shine.

Another one by dePaola that I adore is his book The Art Lesson which tells the great story of dePaola's passion for art as a child and in school.  Clearly dePaola found his calling at a very young age!


If you haven't read Strega Nona or anything else by Tomie dePaola, I highly recommend it!

No comments: