Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gratitude


Did you see this article in yesterday's New York Times?

Ok, so here are five things for which I am grateful:

1)  P, L, and B - my sweet, wonderful, loving, exhausting, funny family.  I could really list each of them separately but I think that would be cheating.
-P is my sweet, sensitive, 5 year old who just wants to please and help, when she isn't being melodramatic or sucking her thumb.  Sweet girl.
-L is my feisty 2 1/2 year old who loves to get a rise out of everyone and be a little trouble-maker at home.  At school, she is a sweet little helper who does nothing wrong.  So she saves it all for us at home.  Lucky us.  No, really, though, she is strong and feisty and wonderful.  And she loves to cuddle and caress my face when I lay in bed with her.
-B is my awesome hubby, my partner, my saving grace when I feel like I am going to rip my hair out.  Our marriage isn't always mushy gushy romance or picture perfect, but we laugh together and love one another, and we are on this incredible journey of marriage and parenthood together.

2) My extremely supportive parents - they would really do anything for me, my girls, and B, and for that I am extremely grateful. My brothers who are so smart and funny - truly unique and wonderful dudes.  I am grateful to have my family.

3) Friends - Where would I be without my friends?  Old friends who know me so well and are always there to support me; new friends who have helped me through the transition of moving to a new place and away from everything I know.

4) Photography and Pottery - my creative outlets that give me so much peace and joy.  I just love creating things, and while I will probably never sew a quilt or paint an oil masterpiece (although my gum balls were pretty awesome), I can capture a great photograph and throw a pot.  Or at least I am working on those two!  I still have to learn Photoshop Elements to make my photos better, but I'm working on it.

5) Time to myself - as I sit here at Starbucks, I am grateful for the time I have to myself right now.  The time to be with myself and my thoughts, and to do exactly as I please.  This also goes back to being grateful for B, who is off, out and about with the girls, while I am here alone.  What a guy!

No comments: