Monday, November 14, 2011

Today's Book: The Empty Pot


Last night I read The Empty Pot to L, and I was surprised to see how interested she was in a book that I thought would be over her head.  I learned my lesson: don't underestimate my children.  I did have to explain the word "successor" and I'm not quite sure she grasped that, but it didn't take away from her enjoyment of the story at all.

The Empty Pot is a lovely story of honesty and courage, and the illustrations are really beautiful.  We were given the gift by one of my husband's students when P was born, and it is one of the books that I come back to again and again.

I think I could be a children's librarian.  I love books and reading with my kids.  And I absolutely adore BBGB, a local children's bookstore here in Richmond, with fantastic owners and wonderful, knowledgeable employees.

They suggested we read The Doll People to P, and we all loved it.  So if you live in Richmond and haven't been to BBGB yet, go!  And bring your kids.  The shop has a cute and unique space for the children to explore, play, and read.


Hope you have a great day (and read something good!).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Found your blog! :) I'm glad we are going to stay in touch between classes. Have a great rest of your week!!

kk said...

Hi friend! I am going to search for yours now. Hope you are enjoying all of your beautiful pottery!