Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thursday's Threads 8.23.12


I feel summer slipping through my fingers and it's making me a bit sad.  But then I remember all of the lovely things about fall (school routines, crisp air, leaves, etc.) and my mood begins to turn right around.  Preparing to dress for cooler weather can be fun too...

How do you feel about wearing white after Labor Day?  How ridiculous is it that I even just asked that question?  Wear what you want!  And look at how great white can look in the fall:




On the flip side, there is black.  And I absolutely love black.  No, I'm not a morbid, depressed, dark person (at least I don't think I am!).  I just think that black looks polished and put together and is so easy to accessorize.  See:





Why no flats in any of the above photos?
And aren't their smiles great?  


Now for some cute jeans:

Adorable, right?  But would they look as cute with flats?  Hmm....



I love these tops:

Great layered look, and I especially love the chunky scarf.

Easy top.  Comfy chic indeed!

This outfit is great from the top to the...knees.
What is up with those awful boots?  Maybe it's the angle, but they look terrible.
The white shirt, brown sweater, black scarf, gold bracelet and red nails are fantastic, though!


These show animal print done right:




And of course we need to see some great accessories:

Gold Supergas?!?!  Love, love, love.

Studded Converse - I want you!

Metal toe  - swoon!



Great scarf!  And look at how they go with the bracelets.

The tee and big necklace is a new favorite of mine!

Now, this is a little out of the box for me, but I like it:

I definitely wouldn't wear those boots, but maybe some flat tall black boots?


And finally, have you heard of the Man Repeller?  Well, it is a fantastic and funny fashion blog that I often read, and you have no idea how thrilled I was to read this the other day!  Check her out:

Hooray for sneakers!

This is her - THE Man Repeller, aka Leandra Medine.


Happy Thursday, friends.

No comments: