Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday's Threads 8.30.12


Yowza.  It's late.  I'm bummin' that I didn't get to this sooner, but I'm packing up the family cruiser tomorrow and we're heading out to visit friends for the long weekend, so I've been a busy little bee today.  But not too busy to find some great threads to share with you before the long weekend...

Today I'm going to focus on one of my absolute most favorite accessories: scarves.  A scarf can transform a simple tee and pants outfit from boring to super chic in almost no time at all.  With just a bit of practice in the art of draping and wrapping, a scarf can become your go-to outfit changer that brightens your day just a bit.  I am a huge fan of scarves, and as the weather begins to cool down a soon, I will be happily wrapping myself in scarves each and every day!


Theodora & Callum makes some really incredible scarves:

Such an interesting and beautiful design and color way.

I am completely gaga over this one.
The colors and pattern are just incredible.


Another great company to go to for scarves is Lemlem:

This one is just gorgeous!
I love it and may have to keep it on my wish list.

Another subtle but beautiful design.

You can never go wrong with good ole red, white, and blue!


For some less expensive options, check out Echo:

Reminds me of the Lemlem scarves above, but much less expensive.

I love the way purple looks against so many skin tones.

Can easily see this on a crisp fall day with jeans.

Oooh, a little pink infinity action?
Seriously.  It's basically a necklace.

And if you need some sparkle?
Check out the cool sequin design on this one.


Of course, I would not be me if I didn't show you some scarves from my favorite, Calypso:

I absolutely love the colors and pattern.
Plus, this looks like a large, generously-sized scarf which is always nice.

Adore this one.  The yellow is unusual,
but I love something a little unique.

Animal prints can add an easy touch of spice
to any outfit.
Love me some animal prints.



Oh, and I would be awful if I didn't mention that Calypso is having a 50% off end-of-summer sale until Monday.  Look at some of the beautiful dresses and tops that are marked down:

You've got to love an easy black dress
 with stunning detail on the shoulders and back.

Easy to wear gold dress in Calypso's
signature silk.

Looks sort of blah, right?
It is so much cuter in person than expected.
Can you tell I bought this one for myself?

I'm not sure if you can see the incredible
jeweled detail along the neckline and collar,
but it is truly gorgeous.

This is a really beautiful
flowy and sort of beachy dress
that can be black tie because of the beading at the top.
Absolutely lovely.

This is a pretty silk top
that hangs loosely but is not baggy.
Great with a skirt or jeans.

I love, love, love the beading on this top.

This is a cute white tank
that has an accessory built in
(the elaborate necklace).
Love it.



Well, that's all for this week's Threads post.  Now go buy yourself something that you feel really great in and absolutely love for the fall.




No comments: