Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thursday's Threads 7.5.12


Ok, I am so excited about this Thursday's Threads post!  Seriously, it hit me like a brick last night when we were browsing in a bookstore and I noticed a woman's outfit that was so effortless, chic and comfortable-looking that I am still kicking myself for not taking her photo to share with you all.  To describe it, she had on black, wide leg cotton pants (yoga pant material), a plain grey t-shirt that was loose but not tremendously baggy, a simple fedora-type sun hat, a structured orange leather backpack (yes, orange!), and flat sandals that barely peaked out from her long pants (and what I did see was the sparkly skull on her big toes).  I mean, it was awesome, and I am totally not doing it justice in my description.

So, it then hit me, this kind of effortless, casual, comfortable, and stylish way of dressing is what I strive for.  That's how I want to look!  And it has a name: comfy chic!  I want to be comfortable, I need to be able to chase my gals around, and I still want to put some effort into looking somewhat stylish.  My default mom uniform of yoga pants and cotton tops has gotten old.  So it's time to get my groove back and make my style comfy chic!

Here are a lot of examples of what I consider comfy chic that I found on Pinterest (most of the images can be found on my fashion board, just in case you're interested...):

this is her travel outfit, but it would be perfect for fall days running around the city for me

love the simple lines


jeans, a t-shirt, and converse (plus some extras, of course!)


easy 


still haven't found slouchy jeans that look good on me,
but love the look here

easy sheath dress



a bit more dressy, but still comfy


love the shirt (and I have two that are very similar that I wear a lot)

ok, so I'm not getting leather skinny pants or a large fur collar,
but doesn't she look spunky and sweet?


another easy option that requires little else


long dresses are just so easy!

perfect!  i love this whole look and could put it on as is!


great color, and again, you've got to love the simplicity of a long dress


white on white with a pop of color from the scarf -
have I mentioned that I truly love scarves?


beautiful top - love the shape and the color


simple and stunning
goes to show you what a pair of good black pants can do.


again with the black pants -
all you need is a top with a nice cut in a good/simple/elegant color


red, black and white stripes, sunglasses, a hat!
love!


fun, but the shoes are too pointy to be truly "comfy chic!"


look at what some jewelry and bling can do!



an off the shoulder sweatshirt can do anything

Now, for some shoes:

love this classic white sneaker



great color and shape, and a perfect low heel


sometimes I feel like more of a heel,
and this one looks quite manageable
fun and sparkly

And hair:

i love easy, loose buns and this one is great
but
long beachy waves will always be my idea of perfect






And now, for my favorite comfy chic look of this post...

ta da:



I love everything about it!


Hope you enjoyed today's Thursday's Threads.  Can you tell how much I enjoyed putting it together?

Sleep well, sweetie pies.

1 comment:

Harper Mae said...

LOVE comfy chic. I must work more on the chic part...thanks for the tips!