Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday's Tales 7.10.12


What a day we had!  I really wish I could talk about The Curious Garden by Peter Brown today because we finally visited the High Line, but since I posted about it here, I don't want to repeat myself.  If you still haven't read it, it really is a charming story with great illustrations.

So, for Tuesday's Tales I want to introduce you to another really incredible book that you and your child will love - Press Here by Herve Tullet.


This is an interactive book with directions on each page for your child (or you!) to follow.  The pages seems to respond to your touch on the preceding pages, and it makes for a fun and participatory reading experience.  For example:



See?  Isn't that fun?  And those are just the first two pages!  For a sneak peak of what happens later in the book, check this out:
As if that wasn't enough, your child will learn about primary and tertiary colors as the dots collide and overlap:

I totally love this book.  I highly recommend it.

all images from Amazon.com




2 comments:

Unknown said...

A favorite at our house too! Been enjoying following you.

kk said...

Oh, I'm so happy you've been reading my blog! and how fantastic is that book! I am addicted to kids books, but I figure I could be addicted to many worse things.

Hope you guys are having a great summer!