Friday, June 22, 2012

Tuesday's Tales 6.19.12


As part of my new blog experiment, Tuesdays will now be Tuesday's Tales, where I cover a book that has grabbed my attention.  I have a big thing for children's picture books, so I may post about something the gals and I are reading, or I may share the book I am currently reading, or both.  Who knows?  Let's just see where this goes.





A Sick Day for Amos McGee by Philip Stead and Erin Stead is an absolutely charming book about friendship that is simple enough for little ones and big ones alike.  It is hard not to fall in love with simple Amos and his animal friends.  Stead's illustrations are what really draw me into this sweet story, with their fine detail and selective use of muted color.  She uses traditional woodblock printing techniques and pencil to create her illustrations, and to learn more about the process, check it out here.  It is easy to see why she won a Caldecott.  Oh, and if you really love the illustrations, you can buy prints from the book here.

Happy reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cash advance loan and you have less-than-perfect
credit, having an active account is a must. With regards Consolidate Credit Card, the loan is secured.
Then it is more likely tobe a careful about your security what you are looking forward to the time together.
Completing a credit counseling program takes 3 to 5 years and will not ruin your credit.
These debt consolidation organizations have a great deal of relief both financially and
also psychologically. It is best to opt for debit consolidation.


my page: web page