Thursday, October 25, 2007

Cabinet Hardware

I am in complete kitchen upgrade mode now that I've seen plans for our new IKEA-based kitchen from The Kitchen Couple. (By the way, I don't think I've mentioned The Kitchen Couple before, but they design and install IKEA kitchens. Ron and Bonnie are the founders and they both worked at IKEA before deciding to open this company to help people install the cabinets they purchased at IKEA. It's a little help for those of us who aren't quite DIY-ers yet!)

We know what cabinets we're going with (Abstrakt which you can see here), and we're thinking about flooring (wood vs. cork vs. bamboo vs. tile and on and on) and countertops (Silestone or Icestone). So now I'm thinking about cabinet hardware, and these are the pulls I love:



Home Depot sells them for $8.49 each (see here), but we need a total of 42, so that will get expensive. I am now on a quest to find another source who has similar pulls for less. The only catch, however, is that I want them to look and feel expensive. (For me, cheap cabinet pulls are a pet-peeve...sort of like a really weak, clammy, wimpy handshake.)

No comments: