Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Lamps

I am picky about lamps. I don't know why, but I am. I feel like I'm always searching for something interesting and unique but not too funky. That's where the Spindle Lamp Base comes in:



I absolutely adore the kelly green color and the beautiful silhouette of this lamp, but for the faint of heart, it does also come in white. For $36 what more could you want?

The shade shown with this lamp is a bit much for me, but imagine how great it would look with a white high gloss drum shade? By the way, any lighting or shade store can probably get you whatever kind of shade you want, but one place I really like is Fogg Lighting in Portland, Maine. Their prices are much better than here in NYC, and they are incredibly helpful. (In the spirit of full disclosure, Fogg Lighting is owned by a relative, but everything I said is true! They really are wonderful, they have been in the shade business for years, and their prices are fantastic. Give them a try!)

Oh, and one more lamp I love for a child's room is the Wise Owl Base:



This is an incredible steal at only $24, and yet again, I am not too keen on the shade that it is shown with. Chose a shade color to match your child's room/nursery, and you'll be all set. (Again, those lovely people at Fogg Lighting can help you!) The lamp base is very Jonathan Adler-esque whose happy chic theory on design I love.

No comments: