Thursday, October 11, 2007

Karim Rashid

Have you heard of Karim Rashid? Well, I think he is a design genius. That doesn't mean that I love everything he designs, but he certainly has an incredible eye and a very creative mind. Here are some of my favorites of his designs:

1. The Kant Stool for $250



I love the playfulness of this design - it's very Jetsons (as in George, remember him?). Also, the seat is independent of the base, and you can chose one of seven colors for the base and one of nine colors for the seat. Lots of possibilities here.


2. The Kone for $49



What is it, you ask? It's a little vacuum cleaner (along the lines of a Dust Buster). Have you ever seen a cooler looking vacuum? I know those Dysons are pretty cool, but you couldn't have one sitting in the corner of your living room as inconspicuously as you can with the Kone.


3. The Plomb Umbrella Stand for $225



I know, who has an umbrella stand in their house? Well, we do, but we keep it in our coat closet most of the time. But at 18" x 24" the Plomb can also be used as a flower pot when you're not in need of an umbrella stand. I love the somewhat amorphous blob shape of the Plomb - it's almost like a little dollop of Fluff.


I hope you all like Karim Rashid as much as I do (even if he may be a little too modern for you!).

No comments: